Recipe: Homemade All-Natural Insect Repellant
While you can find this in the store, it is often synthetic or contains some other, not-so-natural ingredients. It is easy to make and just as effective, provided you use the proper ingredients. Just be sure to purchase Lemon Eucalyptus Oil and not a combination of lemon and eucalyptus oils!
- 25 Drops Lemon Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 4 Ounces of Rubbing Alcohol or Witch Hazel
- 1 Tsp. Real Vanilla Extract
- 2 Ounces of Coconut Oil (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together and store in a small, leak-proof spray bottle.
- Shake well before use
- Spray all over clothes and exposed skin (oil can stain)
- Be careful not to get in eyes
- Reapply every 4-6 hours, as needed.
Considering the alternative DEET is highly toxic, and this is just as effective, if not more so, what would you rather spray on yourselves and your children? Share this information with your friends and family!